Deeply entrepreneurial with 30 years of experience
Senior Broadcast Industry Executive
Don Lang is a Senior Sales and Marketing Executive who has held a series of progressive roles in the Broadcast Media sector in Canada including industry leadership positions at the Broadcast Executive Society, BBM and TVB Executive Committees.
With 30 years of experience, Don has held both agency and broadcasting roles – combining both buy and sell side experience. Don’s ability to lead with a focus on revenue models, content development and sales has driven significant growth for the companies he has worked with.
Deeply entrepreneurial, Don has recently launched an eCommerce business. Don is a graduate of Western University.
Notable accomplishments in Don’s career include:
- Built television station revenue models and executed sales strategies that exceeded targets in 20 of the 22 years of his sales executive career – only missing targets in the recession years of 1992 and 2008.
- Co-ordinated all intra-division sales and marketing efforts at Rogers Broadcasting – including the creation and execution of multi-platform, client-based sponsorships – setting all policies and strategies for sales, as well as negotiating all major client/agency agreements.
- Don was responsible for the annual budget process and the management of pricing and inventory to achieve success.
- Built a successful eCommerce business; including the design and manufacturing of fashion golf apparel for men.
- Don lives in Aurora with his wife and 2 university-aged children. An avid golfer, Don participates on the Board of The Summit Golf and Country Club.